Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Top Ten Albums – January 2011

 

A few months ago I started keeping a mental list of what my favorite albums of all time are. It's a list based on my opinion at the time and also weighted by how often I am listening to that album. It's changed a fair amount over the last few months, and I've thought about how it would be fun to track these trends, especially looking back in the future.

So, both to share what I'm listening to and for my personal historical record, I am starting a new 'feature' on this blog, my top ten albums. Starting with a new year seems like a clean way to go, and installments will be monthly.

Here we go:

  1. A Thousand Suns A Thousand Suns – Linkin Park
  2. This is War This Is War – 30 Seconds to Mars
  3. sing the sorrow Sing the Sorrow – AFI
  4. fallen Fallen – Evanescence
  5. alchemy index air and earth Alchemy Index, Vols. III & IV: Air & Earth – Thrice
  6. 61K13NII61L._SL160_ Siren Song of the Counter Culture – Rise Against
  7. infinity on high Infinity on High – Fall Out Boy
  8. 21st century breakdown 21st Century Breakdown – Green Day
  9. american idiot American Idiot – Green Day
  10. how to start a fire How to Start a Fire – Further Seems Forever

There were some others in the running for the list, but I had to make my decisions. After #5 it became a little more difficult, since I spend a vast amount of time listening to the top albums on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment